Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Darwin award for moi

I decided to go to Imlil in the mountains today and everything got off to a good start since I found a grand taxi to take me there in about one and a half hours. Started a hike down a trail and didn't realize that I reached the end of that trail so accidentally ended up continuing about another five km until I finally realized I was about a third of the way up Jebel Toubkal, Morocco*s highest mountain. Feel like this deserves a Darwin award of some sort.
Needless to say I was quite exhausted but not ready to quit so I hired a guide and a mule with muleteer to take me on another trail, but mule riding especially on the steep slopes and waterfalls was terrifying--in a good way.
Got a taxi ride back to Mkech. As expected the driver refused to let me put on my seat belt since Allah controls our fates. Fortunately he was a nice conversationalist and didn't fall asleep behind the wheel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wavefunction said...

I am guessing this is the most adventurous trip you have ever undertook? Just don't die...

2:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

More or less, yes.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home